Dear Cook, my grandmother loved bread. If there was bread on the table, she could leave the table satisfied. In that way, I am a bit like her. When Ron and I are dining out and no bread or biscuits come with the meal, I am always a little disappointed.
These biscuits remind me of the ones Red Lobster serves…hmm…so good! There is a very important thing to remember when serving bread, biscuits, or muffins. Be sure to have butter on the table…butter that is soft…room temperature – ready for spreading. I do love butter. I guess that I should admit that…sometimes I wonder if I might eat the bread for the butter! But I think not…I just love them both.
For a printed copy, with or without photo, click green dot on left side at the bottom of this page.
If you would like a Monday reminder, and quick link, in your email to next week’s post, just sign-in at the secure registry at the top of this page, and click GO. For a private conversation, please write your message on the Contact page found at the right on the Home page.
|Cheddar Biscuits|| |
- 2 & ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- ¾ cup cold whole milk
- 4 tablespoon or ½ stick COLD butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
- AFTER BAKING TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a large fork.
- Don’t mix too thoroughly.
- There should be small chunks of butter that are about the size of peas.
- Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic.
- Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- AFTER BAKING BISCUITS:
- Melt 2 T. butter in small bowl in microwave.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and dried parsley flakes.
- Use a brush to spread garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.
- Use up all of the butter.
- Makes 12 biscuits about 1.8 ounces each.