Dear Cook, in the fall of 2007, near Grand Rapids, Ron and I attended my Uncle Leon’s 80th birthday party. At the party, I helped myself to some pasta salad from the buffet table. From there, I made my way to Amy, my uncle’s daughter. After taking a few bites of the salad, I said to Amy, “This is the best pasta salad I have ever eaten. Amy smiled and said, “Guess what the name of it is, Best Ever Pasta Salad! I made it.” I think you just might like to try it yourself.
For a printed copy, with or without photo, click green dot on left side at the bottom of this page.
If you would like a Monday reminder, and quick link, in your email to next week’s post, just sign-in at the secure registry at the top of this page, and click GO. For a private conversation, please write your message on the Contact page found at the right on the Home Page.
|Best Ever Pasta Salad|| |
- 16 oz. spiral pasta - cooked and cooled
- 1 broccoli head cut fine - like tiny, little trees - 6 cups
- 1 cauliflower head - cut fine, tiny trees, - 6 cups
- 1 red onion
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. bacon (browned and crumbled)
- 1 cup block cheddar cheese freshly shredded (fine) is best.
- Cook pasta and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, and onion.
- In another bowl mix next 5 ingredients thoroughly and pour over pasta.
- Mix well, but gently.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving add shredded cheese and top with bacon.